The good, the not-so-good, and the annoying trends that shaped 2012.
- Oxblood things– Brick, crimson, dark red whatever you want to call it. There was an obsession with this color in the fall.
- Leather jeans– “Leather pants are making a come back.” says my mother
- Peplum tops
- Military jackets
- Tuxedo jackets
- Coral lips
- Dip dyed hair– I hope this stays in 2012
- Wedge sneakers
- Flatforms– The lovechild of platforms and flats
- Ankle boots
- Bushy eyebrows
- Baroque patterns– Inspired by the 17th-18th century period of European exaggerated art.
- Pregnancies and babies– Beyonce, Posh Beckham, Alessandra Ambrosio, and the Duchess.
- Cambridge satchels
- Box clutches– Or I should say: Alexander McQueen’s Skull box clutches
- Lace gowns– BTW Temperley London makes gorgeous lace gowns
- Cats– I don’t know what people see in these creatures.
- Monster’s in Mulberry– This wasn’t a trend, I just loved this ad campaign (inspired by Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are. Also, Maurice Sendak died this year guys)
- Stella McCartney for Team GB
- Karl Lagerfield
Eager to see what 2013 will bring? Me too…
Happy New Year!
Keep it classy ladies,